reDesignED uses research-based design and design-based research (DBR) to advance evidence-based teaching and learning with technology. We work with our partners to create a more resilient, equitable future of learning and to prepare learners to thrive in a world of rapid change.
Our vision is a model of education in which learning is more authentic, more culturally-responsive, more evidence-based, more personalized, more inclusive, more holistic, and more competency-based. This vision is achievable today through the thoughtful application of learning technologies.
We work to arrive at equitable and sustainable solutions. Consequently,
- we design with people not for people. Our approach is collaborative, iterative, and respects local knowledge
- we center the voices of those who are directly impacted by the outcomes of the design process
- we aim for sustainable, community led, and-controlled outcomes
- our design interventions are grounded in learning sciences research
- we share both research and design knowledge with the communities we serve
- before seeking new design solutions, we look for what is already working at the community level